In a competitive global economy, project managers can’t go it alone. So turn to PMI membership to give you the tools and support you need to make your mark on the profession. Discover more about what our membership is and what benefits it offers, and choose the type of membership that’s best for you.
Become a member and see what PMI can offer you at every stage of your career.
What is PMI membership?
In a word, dedication. PMI membership signifies that you’re serious about your project management career and your professional development. It highlights this dedication to employers, colleagues and stakeholders, giving you an edge in the job market. It also provides you with access to valuable knowledge, networks and resources that help you improve and advance.
Benefits of membership
As a PMI member, you gain exclusive access to PMI publications and our global standards, networking options with our chapters and online communities of practice, and leadership and volunteer opportunities. You’ll also receive discounts on certification exams and renewals, as well as our professional development offerings.
- Knowledge – Grow your career using our expansive collection of knowledge resources including the PMBOK® Guide, tools and templates.
- Communities & Volunteer Opportunities – We make it easy to connect with peers to network, share ideas and get advice, whether locally at PMI chapter events or virtually through our communities of practice.
- Career Resource & Professional Development – With our flexible and varied professional development offerings and career resources, you can tailor your journey to your unique needs.
- Discounts Bonus Benefits – PMI members benefit from discounts and programs that help smooth the road to success.
- Publications – Informative and insightful membership publications to help you keep up and stay abreast of the latest trends.
- Career Resources – Looking for your next opportunity? Turn to our extensive tools and resources in PMI Career Headquarters you’ll find the premier job board for project management and resources like career coaching, which are just for members.
Types of membership
Whether you’re new to project management or a seasoned veteran, PMI has a membership plan that’s right for you. Check out the membership options we have for practitioners, students and retirees. Group rates are also available.
- Individual – Our individual membership is open to anyone. If your work involves projects or project management, or you simply want to learn more about them, an individual membership is a terrific solution for you.
- Student – PMI memberships aren’t just for working project practitioners. If you are enrolled full time in a degree-granting program at a college or university that has U.S. accreditation, or the global equivalent, a PMI student membership may be right for you.
- Retiree – Your enthusiasm for project management doesn’t have to end when you stop working. If you have been a PMI member in good standing for five consecutive years and have retired from active employment, you can take advantage of a discounted retiree membership and stay involved with the profession.